新濠天地 1. Philip Roth was hailed as a major new author in 1960.
A) published B) challenged
C) acclaimed D) guided
新濠天地 2. He was one of the principal organizers of the association.
A) planners B) employees
C) actors D) recipients
新濠天地 3. It is postulated that population trends have an effect on economic fluctuations.
A) challenged B) assumed
C) deducted D) decreed
新濠天地 4. This kind of animals are on the verge of extinction, because so many are being killed for their fur.
A) drying up B) dying out
C) being exported D) being transplanted
5. The train came to an abrupt stop, making us wonder where we were.
新濠天地 A) slow B) noisy
新濠天地 C) sudden D) jumpy
6. During the Second World War, all important resources in the U. S. were allocated by the federal government.
新濠天地 A) nationalized B) commandeered
C) taxed D) distributed
7. The little boy was so fascinated by the mighty river that he would spend hours sitting on its bank and gazing at the passing boats and rafts.
A) very strong B) very long
C) very great D) very fast
8. The stories of Sarah Orne Jewett are considered by many to be more authentically regional than those of Bret Harte.
A) elegantly B) genuinely
新濠天地 C) intentionally D) thoroughly
9. The number of the United States citizens who are eligible to vote continues to increase.
A) encouraged B) enforced
新濠天地 C) expected D) entitled
10. Formulated in 1823, the Monroe Doctrine asserted that the Americas were no longer open to European colonization,
新濠天地 A) stated firmly B) argued light-mindedly
新濠天地 C) thought seriously D) announced regrettably
11. Smoking is not permitted in the office,
A) probable B) possible
C) admitted D) allowed
12. The chairman proposed that we should stop the meeting.
A) stated B) declared
C) suggested D) announced
新濠天地 13. I feel regret about what's happened.
新濠天地 A) sorry B) disappointed
新濠天地 C) shameful D) disheartened
新濠天地 14. She has proved that she can be railed on in a crisis.
A) lived on B) depended on
C) lived off D) believed in
15. John removed his overcoat.
A) took away B) left aside
C) took off D) washed off
答案：CABBC DABDA DCABA